Lap band or gastric banding is a kind of bariatric surgery which involves wrapping an inflatable silicone band around the stomach so as to reduce its capacity to hold food.
If diet and exercise have not helped you vanquish obesity and you are looking for pocket-friendly surgical solution to aid weight loss, lap band surgery in Ciudad Juarez, a Mexican border town, can be a worthwhile alternative.
Benefits of Having Lap Band in Ciudad Juarez
- Substantial Cost Difference – The following table will help you learn about the savings you will get to enjoy should you choose to have your lap band in Ciudad Juarez, rather than in the United States:
Average Lap Band Surgery Cost in USA
Our Package Price for Ciudad Juarez
What You Save
Please note that the above mentioned package price for Juarez can be changed without any prior notification. For the latest prices, fill in our online-quote form.
- Quality Care at Top Hospitals – Your lap band surgery will be performed at a Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospital which is located just 20 minutes from the El Paso International Airport in Texas. The hospital also holds an ISO-9000 International Standards Organization Quality certification.
- Close Proximity to the USA – The Mexican border town is right across El Paso in Texas on the American side of the border. Its proximity to the United States translates into additional savings for the residents of Las Cruces and Albuquerque in New Mexico and Tucson in Arizona which are in proximity.
- Competent Bariatric Surgeons – We work with one of the leading weight loss surgeons of the country who has experience of performing over 5,700 surgeries. His credentials include laparoscopic surgery training from University of Southern California, USA and Berlin, Germany. He is one of the founding members of the Mexican Obesity Surgery Association.
- No Language Impediments – We at Mexico Bariatric Services know the importance of swift communication sans any language impediments. The hospital we work with has English-speaking staff. This makes sure you do not face any communication barriers.
- Zero Waiting Period – One of the main concerns of residents of Canada and the UK is the long wait times. In Mexico, however, waiting lists are negligible and almost non-existent. You won’t face any major problems scheduling your gastric banding in Ciudad Juarez.
Our gastric sleeve package for Juarez includes 2-night hospital stay and 1-night hotel stay.
What is Lab Band Surgery?
- Lap band is a kind of weight loss surgical procedure that limits gastric space which restricts the amount of food a person eats.
- The bariatric surgical procedure involves winding a ring-like silicone band around the upper part of the stomach.
- This divides the stomach into two sections – a small upper pouch and a larger lower pouch.
- Because of the much reduced size of the upper stomach pouch, you feel satiated after eating tiny quantities of food.
- This helps in weight loss.
- Lap band surgery should be taken as the last resort for losing weight; hence you should have put in unsuccessful attempts at weight loss through diet control and exercise.
- The procedure is also known as gastric band, laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and LAGB.
Surgery Duration Resumption of Work
30-60 minutes About 1 week
Know Ciudad Juarez – Your Surgery Destination
The nearest American airport to the Mexican border city is the El Paso International Airport (IATA: ELP). The city is also served by the Abraham González Airport (IATA: CJS) which provides connectivity with the major Mexican cities such as Monterrey, Chihuahua and Mexico City.
There are four ports of entry into Ciudad Juarez from the United States:
- Bridge of the Americas (BOTA) – open 24 hours per day
- Ysleta International Bridge – open 24 hours per day
- Paso del Norte Bridge – open 24 hours per day
- Stanton Street Bridge – 6:00 am to 12:00 am
- A valid passport is required to enter Mexico from the United States.
- A visa is not required for a stay of less than 72 hours in the border zone (area of 20-30 kilometers from the border crossing).
Our value-for-money services include assistance in booking air-tickets and visa and passport expedite. We will also provide you a dedicated 24*7 destination manager to help you have a smooth and hassle-free weight loss surgery trip. Get in touch with us through the online quote-form and learn more on how we can help you get on track towards a healthier and better you.