A leading Mexican bariatric surgeon with more than 2,300 lap band surgical procedures under his belt, Dr. Leon has been performing minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery for nearly two decades.
Having trained internationally in the United States and France, Dr. Leon is counted among the best of the bariatric surgeons in the northwest region of Mexico.
Below is his profile:
- Gastric Sleeve
- Lap Banding
- Gastric Plication
- Gastric Bypass
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery – Medical Doctor degree from Saint Nicholas University, Hidalgo
- Residency – General Hospital in Tijuana (4-years)
- Postgraduation – Hospital General de Tijuana SSA
- Specialty as Gastroenterolgist Surgeon – General Hospital in Tijuana
- Gastric Bypass and Lap Band training and authorization from Bio Centrics Corporation in 2001
- Course in minimally invasive surgery from Centro Especializado em Cirurgias Minimamente Invasivas (CECMI) in Guadalajara
- Bariatric surgery course – Leon, Guanajuato
- Weight loss surgery diploma – Universidad Autonoma de Baja California
Certifications and Membership
- Mexican Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopy Certification from Mexican Association of General Surgeons
- Certification authorizing gastric bypass and gastric banding by the Mexican Society of Obesity Surgeons in 2004
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- General Surgeons College of Tijuana (Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Tijuana A.C.)
Other Professional Highlights
- Professor and organizer of the XII International General Surgery Congress in Tijuana (February-March 2003)
- Tutor for pre-congress bariatric surgery course at the XII International General Surgery Congress
- Academic tutor for general surgery at General Hospital – TIJ
Dr. Jaime Ponce De Leon Palomares performs gastric sleeve, banding and other obesity surgical procedures at one of the leading hospitals for weight loss surgery in Tijuana. The hospital boasts of 20,000 bariatric surgeries performed over a period of 20 years.
Its successful track record makes it one of the leaders in bariatric solutions in the entire country. The hospital associated with Dr. Jaime Ponce is conveniently located just 20 miles from the US-Mexico border.
Below are his certificates:
For more information and a FREE Quote on weight loss surgery with Dr. Jaime Ponce De Leon, fill the estimate-request form on the right.