Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
Questions to Ask Before Weight Loss Surgery
Should you have any reservations regarding bariatric surgery, you can contact your doctor and ask all the possible questions. Some of these include:
Which bariatric surgery will suit you best?
- How is it performed?
- What is the qualification of the staff that will perform the surgery?
What impact will the weight loss surgery have on my co-morbid conditions?
What are some behavioral changes that have to be incorporated?
- How will the diet vary pre and post-op?
- What changes in exercise will I have to make before and after weight loss surgery?
Will the surgery be covered under the existing insurance plan?
- Will the whole of surgery be covered or only a part of it?
- Are future appointments and aftercare a part of the program?
- Are dietician services and counseling included?
What will the after-care comprise of?
- How much time will I take to recover?
- For how long will I have to stay away from work after bariatric surgery?
- How are past patients of bariatric surgery doing now?
What are certain complications that can arise during or after gastric sleeve or gastric bypass?
- Can Type 2 Diabetes make the surgery riskier?
Is it better to consult my Primary Care Physician before I leave for Mexico?
A sound emotional state of mind is of vital importance for the success of bariatric surgery. Know that bariatric surgery is just the beginning of a lifelong engagement. Don’t lose hope and keep going!
- “Bariatric Surgery FAQs.” ASMBS – American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, https://asmbs.org/patients/bariatric-surgery-faqs
- “Questions to Ask Your Doctor.” Cleveland Clinic, https://my.clevelandclinic.org/patients/information/questions-to-ask-your-doctor
Related Searches and Questions:
- Gastric sleeve questions for surgeons
- Things to know before weight loss surgery
- Questions you must ask before gastric bypass
- How to prepare for a bariatric consultation?
- Before bariatric surgery – what to ask?