Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
Our US-registered bariatric nutritionist talks about light juices as part of pre and post-op weight loss surgery diet. As you know light juices are available in a variety of flavors and it is always a good idea to dilute them for consumption.
“A lot of you have had questions about the light and the diet juices and so I have some of this leftover from the holidays. Now I am going to show you quick, hoping it is good. Now that it matters here. Anyways, this is a light juice, it is not diet. It is made by Ocean Spray; they have a variety of flavors like:
- Cranberry and grape
- Just straight cranberry
Light Juices – Low Calorie Drinks
- Calorie Count
This is 50 calories for 8 ounce serving.
- The first ingredient is filtered water and there is at the very bottom.
- You can maybe see the sucralose here. That is basically the code word for splenda. So, I like it that is very last ingredient, which it should be really because it is pretty light ingredient does not weigh very much but that also means there is not a ton of it in here which is good. So, this is a good one to use.
- You can also dilute it a little bit more if you would like.
So, this is just an example of one of the light juices that you can get for either before bariatric surgery or after surgery, just to get a break from straight water. So, hope this helps!
Low calorie juices are a great way to cope with hunger in between the meals during pre-op bariatric diet. Other things that one can savor in between meals include:
- Milk or water
- Unsweetened cereals and porridge
- Plain yogurt
- Chopped fruits and veggies including apple, banana, peach, pear, orange, carrot, peppers and cucumber