Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
What is a good amount to tip in Mexico?
Question – I am going to Mexico for weight loss surgery and wanted to know about the tipping etiquette in Mexico.
- A tip of $20 to the driver for each way of the journey from the border (San Diego-Tijuana) to the hospital is good enough.
- Other than that, keep some change with you for buying.
- Tipping the hotel driver with $5 is excellent.
- $2 is generally considered a fine tip for the doorman, housekeeping and the bellhop.
What Our Clients Say About Tipping in Mexico
- I tipped my driver from San Diego to Tijuana $20 each way, a driver from the hotel to hospital $5, room service, doorman, housekeeping and bellhop $2. I made sure I had a lot of ones. I’ve been to Mexico before, and it’s hard to get USD back in change.
- Tipped our driver $10 and $15. Our safety was in his hands, and I have NEVER seen someone more appreciative. We got to change a lot of lives for hard-working people in a few short days! Flying out now with a big smile!
- We did 20.00 to Tijuana and 20.00 back to San Diego. Doormen 5.00 and room service 5.00. Get smaller bills!!! We made a mistake and took all large bills, and it was nearly impossible to get smaller change in American money!
Extra Cash for Shopping While in Mexico
Besides tipping, you will need cash for the following:
- Buying drinks, such as water, Gatorade
- Additional medication
- Uber (if you opt for one)
Related Searches and Questions
- Tipping in Mexico pesos or dollars
- Tipping in Mexican restaurants
- Tipping etiquette in Mexico
- Do you tip Uber drivers in Mexico?