Dr. Guillermo López Espinosa is a highly experienced bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. He practices at an International Center of Excellence (ICE) for Obesity. He is an international member of the executive council of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
Dr. Guillermo is trained in weight loss surgery by the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) and has a successful track record of over 5,000 surgical procedures.
He has trained several eminent bariatric surgeons in Mexico. Dr. Lopez has close to four decades of surgical experience.
Issued by Secretaría de Educación Pública: 341020
- Performed numerous bariatric surgeries for the Health Ministry at the Tijuana General Hospital IMSS.
- Head: General Surgery residents (ISSEMYM) from 1986 to 87.
- Surgeon and Head of Emergency Services at the Mexican Red Cross in TJ from 1989 to 1991.
- Surgical Area Coordinator at Tijuana General Hospital (ISESALUD) from 1989 to 1990.
- General Surgery Specialty Residents Coordinator at the Tijuana General Hospital from 1990 to 1992.
- Head of General Surgery Service at the Tijuana General Hospital (ISESALUD) from 1990 to 1991.
- Head of Ambulatory Surgery Service at the Tijuana General Hospital (ISESALUD) since 1991.
- Head of General Surgery service at the Tijuana General Hospital Health Services Institute (ISESALUD) from 1995 to 1996.
- Medical Assistant Director of the Tijuana General Hospital) from 1998 to 2001.
- Quality Circle Member at Tijuana General Hospital Health Services Institute since 2000.
- Quality Head of Tijuana General Hospital from 2001 to 2006.
- Director of the Tijuana General Hospital ISESALUD from 2006 to 2007.
- Baja California Health Services Institute (ISESALUD) State Coordinator of Extramural Surgery since 2008.
- Medical Assistant Director of the Tijuana General Hospital (ISESALUD) since 2011.
- Full Professor of the Surgical Infirmary Specialty for the Pathology and Surgical Techniques subjects at the Ibero-American University (UIA) in Tijuana from 1993 to present.
- Full Professor of Medical Career at Xochicalco University, TJ since 1996.
- Professor of Postgraduate Studies of General Surgery at the Tijuana General Hospital from 1999 to 2000 (UABC).
- Specialization in General Surgery from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (year of graduation 1978).
- Residency from Monterrey Children’s Hospital Secretary.
- Master’s degree in medical care quality control.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association.
- Course in laparoscopic surgery from Tijuana General Hospital Autonomous University of Baja California (UABC) in 1992.
- Diploma in Enteral and Parenteral Artificial Nutrition from UABC in 1996.
- Course in Health Investigation from Xochicalco University Studies Center (CEUX) Tijuana (2003).
- Course in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) from State Office of Civil Protection in TJ (2006).
- Diploma in Epidemiology from Universidad Xochicalco in TJ (2008).
- Theory Course on Gastrointestinal Derivation with Laparoscopy Development Center from National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubirán (INCMNSZ) (2015).
- An international member of the ASMBS Executive Council.
- An active member of the Baja California Surgeons Association since 1987.
- An active member of the Mexican Gastroenterology Association and Baja California Association since 1988.
- An active member of the Doctors Association at Tijuana General Hospital in Baja California. Health Services Institute (ISESALUD) since 1989.
- An active member of the Tijuana Doctors Association since 1994.
- A fellow member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery Non-profit Organization (A.C.) since 1997.
- A fellow member of the Spanish Surgery Association since 2007.
Talk to us to know about bariatric surgery in Tijuana, Mexico by Dr. Guillermo Lopez. Fill the contact form!