Gastric Balloon in Cancun – Mexico
Bariatric procedures in the US or Canada can rip you off and leave you debt ridden, given that they cost a fortune in these countries. Weight loss surgery in Mexico is a great substitute to the expensive treatment back home. Gastric balloon in Cancun, Mexico is not only affordable, but also performed by a host of highly qualified surgeons that have a great deal of experience in this field.
One such method is the Gastric Balloon, which is a modern alternative to traditional weight loss procedures. The non-surgical procedure is generally recommended after continuous attempts to lose weight via diet and exercise have proved futile.
Did you know?
As per a WHO report, obesity all over the world has tripled since 1975 with 13% of the global population obese in 20161.
What is Gastric Balloon Treatment?
- Gastric balloon, as the name suggests, is the process of inserting a soft, silicon balloon in the stomach that occupies a major portion of it and helps in delivering a feeling of fullness during and after meals.
- This, in turn, allows you to control portion sizes through early perceptions of satiety, thereby checking abnormal weight gain.
- It is a non-surgical, temporary method that is being highly recommended by doctors lately.
- To insert the intragastric balloon in the body via the esophagus, an endoscope is employed that is equipped with a camera and light on one end.
- After the deflated balloon is correctly placed, it is filled with saline with the help of a filling tube called catheter and left to float freely inside the cavity.
- The entire procedure takes approximately 30 minutes depending upon the medical condition of the patient.
Modern balloons come with mechanisms that caution the patient in case there is an issue. They have a restricted life and need to be removed after approximately six months in order to check damage of both the balloon as well as tissue wall. The balloon can be replaced later on, the possibility of which can be discussed with the doctor. However, in no case are multiple balloons placed simultaneously.
According to a study by Kim et al (2016), gastric balloon procedure is suggested for individuals who have a BMI of more than 30kg/m2 as part of a full-fledged weight control regimen2. This means that it is always accompanied by a healthy lifestyle to avoid weight regain and for better and long-lasting results.
Impact of Gastric Balloon Procedure
The procedure is relatively safe and helps in combating numerous diseases, in addition to obesity. The benefits of intragastric balloon include:
- Increased Weight Loss – The most obvious positive effect of the procedure is the gradual reduction in body weight. A study suggests that patients can lose weight up to 10 kg to 14 kg after 3 months of the procedure2.
- Changes in Gastrointestinal Hormones – The altered physiology of the gastrointestinal tract, through the introduction of gastric balloon, also has an impact on appetite related hormones such as ghrelin, leptin and peptide which somewhat catalyze the feeling of fullness.
- Prevention of Metabolic Diseases – With proper weight maintenance, various ailments such as diabetes mellitus, hypercholestrolemia, hypertension and osteoarthropathy can be prevented or at least controlled.
- Gastric ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Bowel obstruction
Why Should You Opt for Gastric Balloon in Cancun?
Cancun is one of the most sought-after destinations in Mexico for getting reasonably priced gastric balloon procedure. The resort city also makes for a great tourist hub that provides you the opportunity to turn your medical trip into a vacation. Therefore, the exorbitant bariatric surgery prices in the US and Canada can be given a miss by opting for on-budget gastric balloon procedure in Cancun.
- The bariatric surgeon in Cancun ensures that nothing but the best is offered to the clients. He is a prominent figure in the bariatric circle of Mexico, having performed around three thousand surgeries till date.
- With an experience of more than ten years, he is one of the most trusted doctors in the region.
- His extensive knowledge on the subject and constant endeavors to deliver high quality services have earned him various awards and accolades.
All in all, getting intragastric balloon treatment from a surgeon, who is also known for his zero percent complication rate, is what you might be needing right now. Check out the testimonials of our clients who underwent bariatric surgery in Mexico.
Did you know?
The most recent Bioenteric Intragastric Balloon (BIB) has a capacity of 700ml and does not contain air but saline3.
Pre-op and Post-op Considerations
Our surgeon in Cancun will perform certain diagnostic tests to check if you qualify for the treatment. Inform him about any kind of medical treatment undergone in the past, current ailments as well as medications. Also, eating twelve hours before the procedure and drinking six hours before the procedure is strictly prohibited.
According to Mayo Clinic4, small amounts of liquids can be consumed six hours after the procedure. This diet will continue for one week following which, after consultation with your doctor, you can start eating soft foods.
It is noteworthy that the gastric balloon is not a remedial procedure and therefore, after its removal, the stomach gets back to its original size. The onus then lies on the client to keep his or her weight under control through a series of precautionary measures.
Did you know?
A research conducted states that to prepare for gastric balloon procedure, the individual needs to stick to a liquid diet and stay away from fiber containing nutrients for 2 days3.
Gastric balloon is an early intervention for those who are not fit for a surgical procedure or are not prepared for the same. Cancun, Mexico is the place to be in case you wish to pay only a fraction of the prices in the US and Canada for gastric balloon procedure.
Our network surgeon has treated numerous individuals in the past who are all praise for him. He can converse in English and also makes his clients feel very comfortable. What’s more – you don’t even need to wait for months for your turn here!
To know more about the affordable options available, contact us for a FREE quote today.
- Kim, S. H., Chun, H. J., Choi, H. S., Kim, E. S., Keum, B., & Jeen, Y. T. (2016). Current status of intragastric balloon for obesity treatment. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 22(24), 5495–5504. http://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v22.i24.5495 Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4917609/
- Yasawy, M. I., Al-Quorain, A. A., Hussameddin, A. M., Yasawy, Z. M., & Al-Sulaiman, R. M. (2014). Obesity and gastric balloon. Journal of Family & Community Medicine, 21(3), 196–199. http://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8229.142977. Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4214011/