Medical Tourism Insurance
The thought of traveling to another country for surgery can be nerve-racking. While at Mexico Bariatric Services we are committed to making your entire experience stress-free, we have taken one more step to give you added peace of mind. We have collaborated with insurance companies in Mexico to provide complications cover for weight loss surgery abroad.
About Insurance Mexico
Insurance in Mexico may cover additional expenses arising as a result of a bariatric procedure, such as gastric bypass or gastric sleeve in Tijuana, Cancun and other parts of Mexico.
Some of the benefits of opting for medical tourism insurance are:
- Complications cover of up to $50,000
- No deductibles/coinsurance
- Direct payments to surgeons and hospitals instead of reimbursements
- Immediate assistance from insurance underwriters who are physically located throughout Latin America
- Smooth claims process facilitated by bilingual staff
- A+ Fitch ratings
Bariatric Surgery Complications Cover Inclusions
- Additional medical costs and consultations
- Additional travel expenses
- Additional hospital stay
- Hotel/lodging and airplane tickets for unplanned/unscheduled visit to surgeon within a year of surgery
- Trip delays/cancellation changes
- Round-the-clock travel assistance
- Travel liabilities
- Loss of baggage
Important – The medical tourism policy is designed to cover treatment of complications in Latin America only. To illustrate, if X travels from Texas, United States to Mexico for bariatric surgery and suffers from a complication within 1 year of her surgery back home, then she will have to undergo the necessary treatment in Mexico to qualify.
Disclaimer – Mexico Bariatric Services (MBS), a unit of Medical Tourism Co LLC, has no business interest in Novamar Insurance Mexico and is not financially associated with it. In its capacity as a facilitator of weight loss surgery in Mexico, MBS refers its customers to the insurance provider just to reduce the stress related to complications arising later and is not liable for any matters and disputes related to the programs which shall be dealt directly with Novamar Insurance Mexico.