Bariatric surgery could not only be a life-changing but a life-saving decision. And getting gastric sleeve plication in Tijuana, Mexico could save your bank account, too. More and more obese American and Canadian citizens are realizing that they can avoid paying outrageously high hospital fees simply by going right across the border into Tijuana, and still get excellent medical care.
Disclaimer: Weight loss results may vary. We do not guarantee any specific results.
The health benefits of bariatric surgery have been proven time and time again. It greatly reduces your risk of suffering from the comorbidities—diabetes, heart disease, stroke—that are related to obesity. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that 75% of diabetic patients who underwent bariatric surgery were no longer diabetic after two years. If you need this life saving treatment, but don’t think you can afford it at home, then getting stomach plication in Mexico could be the right choice for you.
What is Gastric Plication?
Gastric plication is a procedure designed to limit the amount of food a person is able to eat. This is done by one or more large folds being sewn into the stomach, decreasing its size by around 70%. After the procedure, the stomach can hold less food, which forces you to eat less.
Your gastric plication surgery in Tijuana will most likely be a laparoscopic procedure. This is a type of surgery that is done entirely through tiny incisions and performed with the use of a tiny camera. This reduces scarring and consequently allows for much faster healing.
- Severe obesity characterized by body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more. Patients with BMI between 30 and 40 are also accepted if they significant comorbidities such as hypertension or diabetes.
- Should have tried and failed at conventional weight-loss methods such as diet and exercise.
- Should be strong-willed and adapt to a healthy lifestyle post surgery.
- Should be free of any conditions that may interfere with healing or cause complications in the surgery.
- It is a reversible procedure unlike the gastric sleeve
- No implantation of any external device as in gastric banding
- No rerouting of intestines or major changes in the digestive track as in gastric bypass
To know the exact cost and special offers for gastric sleeve plication in Tijuana, Mexico, you can simply start with entering your details in the quote-form on the right. Ask for reviews or patient testimonials for the doctor and any other questions your may have at that stage.
For more information and a FREE quote, fill-out the free estimate-request form on the right.