Lap Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve in Tijuana – Mexico
Weight loss surgery in Mexico is an excellent option for those looking to shop within a budget. The bariatric surgeon performs a revision weight loss surgery in two cases. First, when there are some complications with the initial surgery. Second, when the desired weight loss results have not been achieved.
Lap band surgery is a weight loss procedure that has proved to be successful for some people. However, it doesn’t suit every bariatric patient. And that’s when they might think of switching over to a gastric sleeve instead.
The need for Lap-Band to Gastric Sleeve Revision Surgery
- It is a surgical procedure for the treatment of unsuccessful weight loss surgery.
- It is recommended for patients who have undergone bariatric surgery previously and experienced:
- Complications after the former surgery.
- Insufficient weight loss.
- Regain of about 40% of the weight shed initially after their primary surgery.
- The patient’s age, weight, and lifestyle are assessed to ascertain the reason for the initial operation’s failure.
- Sometimes, the surgery fails due to the patient’s reluctance for lifestyle changes. Here, a more committed diet and exercise routine are recommended.
Weight loss surgery is a significant tool to help people lose weight. But, patients need to understand that a bariatric procedure will work only when coupled with specific long-term lifestyle changes. The same lifestyle changes hold in the case of sleeve gastrectomy as well.
When to convert the Lap-Band to Sleeve?
Below are the cases in which a patient might want to switch from his lap band to gastric sleeve.
- The gastric band has slipped.
- The band has eroded.
- Complaints of regurgitation or heartburn since gastric banding.
- Pain while swallowing.
- Unsatisfactory results.
Cost of Lap band to Gastric Sleeve Revision Surgery
Weight-Loss surgery can weigh heavy on the pocket, and if it is a second-time expense, it might significantly dent your budget. Gastric sleeve in Tijuana, for the revision of your lap band to gastric sleeve, will save you thousands of dollars.
|City in Mexico||Cost of Gastric Sleeve + $750 Revision Cost|
*The exact cost of the revision surgery may vary. Please fill the quote form for a free estimate.
How many days will it take?
|Surgery Duration||Nights in Hospital||Nights in Hotel||Back to Work|
|1-1.5 Hours||2-3 Nights||3 (1 Pre-Op, 2 Post-Op)||1-2 Weeks|
Blood tests, x-rays, and endoscopy are all performed to ensure the gastric band’s state and plan the revision surgery accordingly.
The doctor would likely want to see your complete medical history. If there has been insufficient weight-loss or weight-regain with gastric banding, your food and lifestyle choices will also be put under the scanner.
Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve Revision Testimonial
Erica came from Arizona, USA, to Mexico for her revision surgery from lap band to gastric sleeve.
With Mexican hospitals realizing the potential in foreign patients and medical tourism, the facilities there can match their counterparts’ treatment and care standards up north.
The cost for revision weight-loss surgery varies from case to case; we will be able to provide the exact prices after determining the requirements in your case. Please fill out the form on the right for more details.