Gastric Sleeve Plication in Cancun
Package Cost: $4895
- Doctor’s fee and all hospital expenses
- All obligatory tests
- Pre & post-op medication
- 1 night stay at the hospital
- 1 night stay at the hotel
- Ground transportation
Also known as gastric imbrication, the surgery is performed laparoscopically — 5-6 small holes will be made in your abdomen through which some cameras and surgical instruments will be inserted.
One or more large folds are sewed in the stomach, resulting in the reduction of its volume by upto 70 percent.The surgery leaves a much smaller stomach with significantly reduced food-holding capacity, which gradually results in weight-loss.
Unlike gastric sleeve, this is a reversible weight-loss surgery and can be converted into a different type, if required at any later stage.
How many days will it take?
|Surgery Duration||Nights in Hospital||Nights in Hotel||Back to Work|
|1-2 Hours||1-2 Nights||1 Night||2 to 3 Weeks|
Are there any risks?
As with any other surgery, there is a risk of:
- Internal injuries with surgical instruments
- Leakage from the suture site
However, these complications are very rare, and can be easily avoided by exercising basic caution and carefully following the doctor’s instructions.
Who will perform my Surgery?
Dr. Hector Perez Corzo – He is a leading bariatric surgeon in Cancun, with global exposure and years of experience under his belt.
What to Expect?
Results vary from person to person, depending upon the pre-surgery condition and your compliance with the post-surgery instructions. Most people:
- Lose 40% to 70% of their excess body weight in the first year
- See an improvement in obesity-related comorbidities:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- High cholesterol levels and others
- Have improved confidence levels post surgery
Some Travel Tips for Cancun
Enticed by the massive savings over the surgery price in the US and a chance to relax on the Caribbean beaches, you must know:
- Peak tourist season in Cancun runs between December and April. The travel and hotel prices around this time are higher than the rest of the year. For higher savings, plan in the summers.
- The climate is tropical and it’d be good to carry a few light clothes, a hat, sunglasses, and sunblock if you’re planning to see around the town a bit.
- For shopping, downtown Cancun is thought much cheaper than the city’s hotel zone.
- Cancun is one of Mexico’s most popular cities among the tourists and has hotels and resorts for all budgets. Thoroughly research and find the best deal. Mexico Bariatric Services can also assist you to find an accommodation that is not too far from the hospital and meets all your requirements well.
- Tourists are advised to use only the ATMs in the banks.
- Have a friend or family member accompany you on a night out, and do not accept free drinks from anyone.
Cancun is visited by thousands of North-Americans and Europeans every year, and the best way to stay safe on your weight-loss surgery trip is to keep your wits about you and collect some information of the places you intend to visit.
em>For more information on Gastric Plication in Cancun, Mexico, fill-out the estimate request form on the right.