Gastric Bypass in Cancun
People who have tried to fight obesity by making significant lifestyle changes but with little or no success can look into gastric bypass. Gastric bypass is a restrictive bariatric procedure which alters the size of the stomach and the way food passes through intestine, thereby leading to significant weight loss. Another popular weight loss option is gastric sleeve in Cancun.
How much for gastric bypass surgery?
Mexico Bariatric Services’ value-for-money gastric bypass package for Cancun costs about $6,495. The package includes two night-hospital and one-night hotel stay.
We provide a host of services such as visa and passport expedite, hotel bookings, assistance from a destination manager, pre- and post-ops, airport pick-up, and a lot more!
By having your gastric bypass surgery in Cancun, you can look forward to almost 60-70% savings.
Perks of Choosing Cancun for Surgery
Cancun is a vibrant resort city located by the Yucatan Peninsula in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. With the rise of medical tourism, the city offers an eclectic blend of excellent patient care and huge savings.
We will facilitate your surgery at one of the leading medical facilities of the city. It is just half an hour’s drive from the international airport and has been providing quality care for over 25 years. The hospital features emergency and intermediate care rooms, 4D ultrasound, X-rays and an intensive care unit.
Americans and Canadians can also look forward to reduced travel time and airfare owing to the geographical proximity of Cancun to the US and Canada.
The English-speaking doctors and staff ensure you have minimal communication barriers. Our case managers are fluent in English as well.
Gastric Bypass Explained
- Gastric bypass is a bariatric surgical procedure which helps lose excess weight by reducing the stomach size and reconnecting it with the intestine in a manner that allows for ingested food to bypass that part of the intestine where calorie absorption takes place.
- The first step of the surgery involves dividing the stomach into a small upper pouch and a larger lower pouch.
- This is achieved by stapling the stomach.
- The smaller upper stomach with the capacity of just an ounce is where food will enter, post-surgery.
- Because of its substantially reduced capacity, you eat less and lose weight.
- The second step of the surgery is creating a bypass. This is done by connecting the jejunum to the new pouch.
- Food will now pass on into the small intestine through the new hole created in the jejunum.
Note – If you are looking for a quick-fix for obesity, then gastric bypass is perhaps not what you are looking for. As there are no short-cuts to fighting obesity, your weight loss success would depend on your will to diet and exercise even after surgery.
Disclaimer: Weight loss results may vary. We do not guarantee any specific results.
How is Gastric Bypass Beneficial?
Gastric bypass helps in getting rid of excess weight, and improves the quality of life. Gastric bypass also helps improve or resolve the following:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Surgery and Recovery – Duration
- Average Procedure Time – 1 hour 30 minutes
- Hospital Stay – 4 to 6 days
- Resumption of Normal Activities – 3 to 6 weeks
To keep nutritional deficiencies at bay you will have to take multivitamins, calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and other dietary supplements as recommended by your doctor.
Your Weight Loss Surgery Trip to Cancun
Mexico Bariatric Services always strives for excellent patient experience. We make sure that medical tourists get the best of care away from their home country. Hence, we work with one of the prime hospitals of Cancun to facilitate gastric bypass surgery. Fill our online quote form for more details.