Gastric sleeve surgery in Puerto Vallarta can be looked into by those seeking affordable surgical solutions to their obesity problem outside of their home country. The Mexican resort city is home to several state-of-the-art hospitals that provide quality care for only a fraction of the US prices, and are a magnet for American and Canadian medical tourists.
How much would it cost?
Our special limited period packages cost 70% lower than US prices. The package price includes 2-night hospital stay. As our package prices can change without any prior notification, we advise you to request us a free online quote through the form on the right.
Avg. Gastric Sleeve Price in USA
How Much You Save in Puerto Vallarta
For the latest prices and specials, fill our online quote form.
Overview of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Gastric sleeve is a restrictive obesity surgical procedure which aims to combat obesity by reducing the capacity of the stomach to hold food.
In this procedure, the stomach is reduced to nearly a fourth of its original size.
The surgery is performed laparoscopically, which means it is minimally invasive. Special laparoscopic surgery tools and a tiny camera are placed through the small incisions made in the abdomen.
With nearly 75% of it removed, the new stomach resembles a tube, banana, or a sleeve. Because of the reduced stomach capacity, you feel full after eating much smaller quantities of food.
Please take note that a gastric sleeve surgery warrants commitment to serious lifestyle changes. It is not a short-cut to weight loss. You will have to reduce the portion sizes of food you have and also incorporate exercise in your routine.
It’s Alternative Names
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Reduction
- Vertical Gastroplasty
- Greater Curvature Gastrectomy
- Parietal Gastrectomy
Why Puerto Vallarta for Sleeve Gastrectomy?
- By choosing to have your VSG in Puerto Vallarta, you get to spend only a fraction of the prices charged in the USA and Canada. This is primarily because of a competitive and thriving medical tourism industry in Mexico.
- You also get a chance to avail quality care at well-equipped hospitals that match up with their American counterparts in terms of high service standards and hygiene.
- We at Mexico Bariatric Services are cognizant of the importance of seamless and easy communication. Our case managers work 24*7 to get your queries answered in time. Additionally, the bariatric surgeons we work with are fluent in English.
- Proximity of Puerto Vallarta to the USA is an added bonus. The city is well connected with the major American and Canadian cities.
- The city offers its visitors vast vistas of turquoise blue seas and is a hub for artists and sculptors. The Malecon—PVR’s very own boardwalk— and the Church of Guadalupe are some of the prime tourist attractions of the city which can be enjoyed during your gastric sleeve surgery trip.
|Avg. Surgery Time||Return to Normal Work|
|1 – 1 ½ hours||After 15 to 21 days|
The city is served by the Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA code: PVR).
Some of the major airlines connecting the city to the US and Canada are:
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air Transat
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Delta Connection
- Frontier Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Americans and Canadians need a valid passport to enter Mexico.
- The passports should be in good condition – holders of mutilated, torn passports may be denied entry into Mexico.
Americans and Canadians do not need a visa for a stay of less than 180 days. Those entering by air, however, need to obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM).