Revision Weight-loss Surgery in Guadalajara
If gastric bypass or lap band surgery didn’t serve you right, consider revision weight-loss surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Disclaimer: Weight loss results may vary. We do not guarantee any specific results.
Revision Surgery is advised when bariatric surgery fails to bring the desired results or becomes the cause of certain complications in a patient. It is also done in cases where the patient regains the lost weight.
About 20 percent of those who were morbidly obese before the surgery and about 35 percent of those who were super obese have reportedly gained back a significant part of their excess weight about 10 years after surgery. It could be because of problems such as improper placement of the band or because of bad diet and exercise routine.
Revisional Surgery for Different Procedures
Gastric Banding Revision: In lap band surgery a band is placed over the top portion of the stomach to restrict food and calorie intake. Revision surgery may be suggested if there is frequent vomiting, gastroesophageal reflux, and weight regain.
Most people opt for gastric band revision to gastric sleeve which simply involves removal of the band to restore the normal stomach and its conversion into a sleeve. While banding is reversible, gastric sleeve is not but it is generally more successful.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB) Revision: Gastric bypass revision is performed in case the anastomosis between the pouch and the small intestine narrows, or the staple line breaks down or there is an uncontrolled movement of food and digestive juices to the small intestine from the stomach.
- A revision surgery is performed only after the surgeon has determined that your failure to lose excess weight is not due to dietary or lifestyle problems.
- Pre-operative tests will include x-rays, blood samples, and endoscopic examination.
- Vitamin or nutritional deficiencies may require treatment.
- Smoking, alcohol, or any other addiction must also be treated for the surgery to bring results.
What are the Risks Involved?
Like any surgical procedure, there is a certain amount of risk in revision weight-loss surgery. Infact, the risks of a revisional surgery are thought to be greater than those of the first-time surgery because some complications could already be there.
The complications can be best avoided by:
- Careful pre-operative preparation
- Ensuring you are getting treated by an experienced surgeon
- Asking all the questions you have and clearing your doubts well in advance
- Strictly following the instructions given by your surgeon
Mexico Bariatric Services recommends a highly experienced weight-loss surgeon in Guadalajara, Mexico who has performed hundreds of revisional weight loss surgeries for his local as well as foreign clients.
For more information and a FREE quote for revision weight-loss surgery in Guadalajara, Mexico, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.