Gastric banding surgery in Mexicali, Mexico can be availed for as little as $5,500
Gastric banding, more commonly known as the lap band surgery, is a restrictive bariatric procedure that involves the placement of a silicone device over the top portion of the stomach to reduce its food-holding capacity.
It is a reversible procedure and does not involve any surgical reduction or permanent alteration in the anatomy of your digestive system.
Disclaimer: Weight loss results may vary. We do not guarantee any specific results.
Description of the procedure
Laparoscopic gastric banding (LAGB) is performed via keyholes made in your abdomen, through which the surgeon inserts a small camera along with other surgical instruments. This type of surgery is more conservative—the smaller surgical wounds heal quickly and leave negligible scars.
Am I a candidate?
Candidates for LAGB are:
- People with BMI of 40 or more
- People with BMI 35 or more (with atleast one obesity-related comorbidity)
Tests Before the Surgery
Your general health and readiness for weight-loss surgery will be tested, and it will involve:
- Blood tests and ultrasounds
- Complete physical examination
- Nutritional counselling
- A session with a mental health specialist
If you suffer from any systemic condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart or lung problems please ensure you inform your doctor and share all the medical reports.
You will also be asked to stop smoking, drinking, or taking any blood thinning medicines like aspirin, well before the surgery.
After the Surgery
The success of any bariatric surgery largely depends upon the willingness of the patient to comply with the surgeon’s instructions. You will:
|Leave the hospital||1-2 days after the surgery|
|Return to work||within a week|
|Eat||Only liquids and mashed food for 2-3 weeks|
|Start regular foods||After about 6 weeks|
|Need to follow a healthy lifestyle||Always|
A little about Mexicali
- It is the northern-most city of Latin America.
- It is a cosmopolitan city, with one of the best standards of living among Mexican cities.
- The people are known to be highly educated and skilled.
- Located close to the American states of Arizona, California, and Nevada, Mexicali is visited by many American tourists
- Calexico, its sister city is located in the Imperial county of California, and together they form a major metropolitan region.
Besides helping you find the cheap lap band surgery that you’ve been looking for, Mexicali will delight you with the great holiday and rejuvenation opportunity it offers.
For more information on gastric banding in Mexicali, fill-out the estimate request form on the right.