Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
It is OK to take US dollars to Mexico for your weight loss surgery trip. At least 14 days before leaving for Mexico, get in touch with your bank and let them know about your travel plans. This way, one can ensure a hassle-free use of their debit/credit cards in Mexico.
(Find exchange values for US Dollar here)
Tipping and Shopping in Mexico
You can use US dollars for tipping and shopping.
What Our Clients Say
- They accept US dollars. If you pay in dollars at a store and you need change, you get the change in pesos. – Alice M.
- The Grand Hotel has an ATM downstairs in the lobby you can withdraw for pesos, but we used USD the entire time – Terinda P.
Hiring Taxis While Travelling in Mexico
Most of the taxis accept US dollars.
Bariatric Hospitals in Mexico
The hospitals for bariatric surgery accept American dollars too.
It is generally advised to get some extra money to pay for the additional expenses one may incur at the end of their bariatric surgery experience in Mexico.
Mexican ATMs and Making Payments in Mexico
- Please note that ATMs dispense out cash in pesos.
- Most US-issued cards (MasterCard/Visa) work at the Mexican ATMs. However, we strongly suggest that you confirm with your debit/credit card company before you depart for Mexico.
- You can get US dollars converted to pesos at the airport; however, to avoid paying a higher commission, consider getting currency exchanged at a “Casas de Cambio.”
- As per the new regulations, Casas de Cambios, banks and hotels may exchange a maximum of $1500 (USD) in cash per person per month into Mexican pesos.1
- Suzanna Barbezat, Trip Savvy “Exchanging Dollars for Pesos in Mexico“
Related Searches and Questions
- Can you use US dollars in Mexico
- What is the best currency to take to Mexico
- US dollar in Mexico
- US dollar Mexico
- Traveling to Mexico money tips