Gastric banding, alternatively known by its brand name Lap Band, is a restrictive bariatric surgical procedure which aims to facilitate weight loss by limiting the capacity of the stomach to hold food. By choosing to have your lap band surgery in Cancun, Mexico, you can look forward to spending just a fraction of the US prices. And the benefits are not just restricted to cost savings.
Read on to know how Mexico Bariatric Services can help you in your journey to a leaner and healthier you.
Pay only $5,500 for gastric banding in Cancun. This package price includes 1-night hospital and 1-night hotel stay.
Benefits of Lap Banding in Cancun
Cancun is a vivacious resort city located by the Yucatan Peninsula in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. The city has been a favorite with American spring break revelers. And with the rise of medical tourism, it has become a magnet for people from the United States, Canada and other countries seeking cheaper yet quality healthcare away from home.
A quick comparison of our lap band package prices applicable here with the average prices charged in America will let you know that by choosing the Mexican resort city for your surgery, you can easily enjoy savings as high as 70%.
In addition to cost savings, you can look forward to getting treated by a highly proficient weight loss surgeon Mexico Bariatric Services works with. He has been practicing bariatric procedures since 2006 and has good global exposure since his training and professional endeavors have taken him to South and North America and Europe too.
Your surgery will be performed in one of the foremost medical facilities in the city. Fill in our online quote form for the complete details.
How to get to Cancun?
Reaching the Mexican city is easy as it is served by its own international airport (Code: CUN). The airport is only about 6 miles from the hotel zone. We provide free pick-up from the airport.
The airport is connected to the USA through Delta, United, American Airlines, US Airways, Virgin America and a host of other airlines. Air Canada, Air Transat, CanJet, and a few other airline providers connect between the Mexican city and Canada.
You need a valid passport to visit Mexico. You will also need to carry Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) with you. This form is provided by airlines or can be obtained from a travel agent. These forms are also available at points of entry.
What is Gastric Banding?
- Gastric band surgery is usually performed using a laparoscope (a tiny camera) and involves making tiny incisions in the abdomen.
- In this procedure, a doughnut shaped band is wrapped around the upper part of the stomach, thereby dividing the stomach into two parts.
- As a result of the small size of the upper pouch into which the ingested food enters, one feels full after eating small quantities of food. This results in weight loss.
- The lap band ring is attached to a thin tube which is further connected to an access port. This access port is embedded in the skin and is used to inject or remove saline water to either tighten or loosen the band as per the weight loss requirements.
- Some of the risks of lap band surgery are bland slippage, erosion, stomach obstruction, nausea, vomiting and infection.
- Gastric banding is alternatively known as laparoscopic gastric band surgery or LAGB.
How much time will it take?
|Surgery Duration||Resumption of Work|
|About 1 hour||After about 1 week|
Who Qualifies for Lap Band Surgery?
- To qualify for gastric banding surgery, your body mass index (BMI) must be 40 or more.
- Those who suffer from serious co-morbidities of obesity such as high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea qualify for surgery if their BMI is between 30 and 40.
- Please take note that the final decision on qualifications can be taken only after reviewing the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
We at Mexico Bariatric Services always strive to bring comprehensive information and facilitate quality care for people seeking lap band surgery in Mexico. Years of experience of serving medical tourists from all the nooks and crannies of the world has made us sensitive to their needs, expectations and reservations.
For further information on Cancun as a destination for affordable gastric banding surgery, we recommend that you fill our online quote-form.