Some calorie-free options for drinks in the clear liquid pre-op bariatric diet are:
- Vita Rain is a good option. It has 0 calories, 0 sugar, 0 carbs and some of our clients report it tastes much better than Vitaminwater zero.
- Other options are Crystal Light and Propel.
- You could mix orange juice with water in the ratio of 1:3.
- You could also have mint tea with zero-calorie sweetener.
Nutritionist Suggests- Liquid Diet Before Bariatric Surgery
Our US-registered bariatric nutritionist recommends:
- Decaf tea
- Diluted juice
- Sugar-Free Jell-O
- Sugar-Free popsicles
You may not be able to find an actual “sugar-free” juice but avoid any sugar added varieties. Try to keep calories to less than 60 calories per cup (8oz).
Liquid Diet Ideas Before Gastric Sleeve
In the pre-op gastric sleeve diet, you can do a low-calorie Gatorade (G2), Powerade 0, Crystal Light, diet juice (juice that has less than 30 calories for an 8 oz serving). Ocean Spray makes several varieties of diet juice, and many of theirs have five calories for an 8 oz serving.
Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, “Pre-Bariatric Surgery DIet: Information for Patients“
View in Article you should drink more in the hot weather. Aim to drink at least 2 liters of fluid on a daily basis at regular intervals throughout the day.
This Post Addresses
- Diet after gastric sleeve surgery
- Pre bariatric surgery diet
- Long-term diet after gastric bypass surgery
- Full liquid diet bariatric surgery
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, “Pre-Bariatric Surgery DIet: Information for Patients“