Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
Benefits of ATMs in Mexico
- Eliminates the need for traveler’s checks
- Pre-paid ATM cards act as an electronic traveler’s checks that can be charged with credit to be safely used in Mexico
Will My Debit Card Work in Mexico?
It is easy to get cash in Mexico as ATMs are widespread. However, it is advised to withdraw money only from your bank branch’s ATM to avoid fraud.
Exact ATM charges vary from bank to bank and one’s account type. One should check with their banks to find out the exact ATM charges.
- Yes, you will be able to transact with the debit card outside the United States.
- You will be able to pull out cash from ATMs with your debit card.
- You will also be able to make purchases in Mexico with your card.
- However, it is necessary that you inform your bank beforehand to avoid a fraud hold on your account when it gets used in Mexico.
- Withdrawal limit of ATMs in Mexico is USD 500 in Mexican Pesos in one transaction.
Make sure you contact your bank either online or over the phone and intimate them about your travel plans at least 14 days before you leave for your weight loss surgery trip to Mexico from the US.
One always has the option of taking the extra cash and exchanging it for Mexican Pesos at the International Airport in Mexico. Foreign currencies like USD, Yen, Pounds are readily tradable.
This Post Addresses
- Using debit cards in Mexico
- Mexican ATM fees
- International ATM partners in Mexico
- Using ATMs in Mexico
- Mexico ATM Limits