Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
Shrimp is full of protein. You need this protein when you’re in phase 2 of your post-op diet.
Ensure that your shrimp is de-veined and peeled before you use it for your cocktail.
Even though shrimp is high in cholesterol, it contains nutrients like protein and essential fats. It is rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to promote heart health. Research on shrimp has also shown positive health effects. “Is Shrimp Healthy? Nutrition, Calories and More” February 16, 2018 Brianna Elliott, RD; Healthline
View in Article
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
- Lemon Juice
To make your shrimp cocktail sauce
- Mix 3 parts ketchup and 1 part horseradish.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Add Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Mix in a squirt of lemon juice.
Keep your taste-buds satisfied in festive season!
Our US-registered bariatric nutritionist approved protein-packed recipe
Here is the printable recipe.
- Is Shrimp Healthy? Nutrition, Calories and More“ February 16, 2018, Brianna Elliott, RD; Healthline