Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
One of our clients asks: Are gummy vitamins after bariatric surgery okay? I started on chewable vitamins yesterday. They didn’t land well, and I immediately threw up.
- Gummy vitamins are great for these first few weeks after weight loss surgery when you are adjusting to the new size of your stomach.
- Try cutting them into 1/2 before you eat them and chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew, chew.
- Gummy multivitamins are not recommended for long-term as these do not usually have enough of the recommended amounts in them.
Some people have trouble tolerating gummies, but it is recommended not to throw them away as many find them more tolerable later down the road. A lot of people do well with having various forms of taking their vitamins/minerals. Liquid one day, capsule the next, chewable another, and so on.
When to Transition to Normal Pills After Bariatric Surgery?
- Most people prefer to do chewable or liquid for the first 2-6 months and then can transition to standard pill forms.
- Everyone is different, and some people can do pills within a couple of weeks.
- Remember for the vitamin B12, a sublingual is preferred – this means it dissolves under your tongue.
- Celebrate Vitamins Multi Soft Chew
- Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin Chewy Bite
- Barimelts Multivitamin
Everyone is different in what they like and tolerate. Often people like the liquid, gummies or chewable options for at most 1-2 months and then they get burned out on the flavor. It is nice to have a few different ways to get your vitamins/minerals in for those days when one way just isn’t working.
Related Searches and Questions
- What vitamins should I take after gastric sleeve?
- Best bariatric gummy vitamins
- Gummy vitamins for bariatric patients
- Bariatric vitamins chewable
- Bariatric multivitamins