Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
Are you recently post-op and having a difficult time tolerating protein after gastric sleeve, gastric bypass or any other weight loss surgery? Here are some ideas for the third stage or the pureed diet stage for those who’ve had bariatric surgery to help get some variety.
Post-Weight Loss Surgery Diet Recipes – Stage 3 or Pureed Phase
- Use the pulse setting on your blender for homemade chili or bean soup.
- Use canned tuna, chicken, or turkey meat and mix with a small amount of mayonnaise, onion powder, celery powder, any other spices/herbs, and a dash of salt and pepper. Then mash with a fork for a yummy sandwich spread.
- Do the same thing as above with hard-boiled eggs and try replacing the mayo with avocado. It’s a delicious twist on a classic egg salad.
- Try cottage cheese mixed with crushed pineapple, peaches, or stewed crushed tomatoes.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of creamy peanut or other creamy nut butter into 4-6oz of vanilla yogurt. A satisfying, high protein yogurt blend.
- Mix canned chicken with a reduced-fat cream of celery soup or cream of chicken soup for a hot sandwich. You can also do this with beef or turkey.
- Technically cheese isn’t pureed, but as long as you chew it thoroughly, it is a great snack at this stage.
- Moist, scrambled eggs, finely chopped are frequently well tolerated as well.
Remember to include protein choices at least 3 times daily and possibly up to 6 times. You may only be able to tolerate 1-2 tablespoons at a time, and that’s okay.
Is protein intolerance still bothering you after weight loss surgery? Let us know in comments!