Would love your thoughts, please comment at the end of the post!
Our US-registered bariatric nutritionist gives some tips to cut and store various veggies and fruits for the entire week after weight loss surgery.
Weekly Meal Prep Hacks Post Weight Loss Surgery
- Wash some grapes and take off the stems.
- Store them in the fridge in a clear vase container. These will last you 5-6 days.
- Strain and wash blueberries
- Store them away in a container.
- You can use these in smoothies, salads, and snacks.
- Cut and core a pineapple.
- Store it away for later
- Peel and cut carrots.
- They do not have much shelf life, so if you’re traveling, don’t store them for later.
- Wash and cut up some peppers.
- If you cut them in sticks you can use them in a stir-fry or eat them with hummus.
- Peppers are multipurpose! Throw some in an omelet.
- Throw in washed spinach in a smoothie.
- Saute some and throw some in your omelet.
- Dice up some cabbage. It’s a great source of fiber.
- Cabbage is multipurpose and you can use in almost all the dishes.
- Prepping cabbage is a one-time effort. It has a good shelf life. Store it away for later.
- Celery keeps for a long time. Cut some up for later.
- Toss the celery in with your salad for a good snack.
- If you are 4 – 6 months post-op celery is really good for you.
- Cut up your cucumber as you need it. It doesn’t have a lot of shelf life and may spoil.
- Keep your cucumber whole to keep it from getting slimy.
- Jackfruit is a good alternative to meat.
- Cook it like meat! Toss it in your stir fry and salads.
Setting realistic weight loss goals is vital for every bariatric surgery individual and these can be accomplished by eating right and including exercise in your routine.