Medically Reviewed by Katelyn J. Mock, US-Registered Dietician (R.D.)
The main reason for excessive saliva production after the gastric sleeve is feeling that something is “stuck.” It could also be because the food was too fibrous for your pouch to handle at this point post-op.
- It may also be related to eating too big of a bite of food.
- If you are already eating bites that are “dime” size or less, try cutting those bites in half.
- Another reason for saliva production is eating too quickly. Remember to take no more than two bites per minute. If you are doing that, try reducing it to 1 bite per minute and chew, chew, chew.
This Post Addresses
- Foamies after gastric sleeve
- Excessive saliva problem
- Excessive saliva and sweating